To seek additional candidates, Sony has extended the following opening
beyond the original Jan. 15. timeline.
Job Title: Language Modeling Consultant
The Spoken Language Technology group at Sony in San Jose, CA, is seeking
candidates to fill a full-time (40 hours/week) temporary (6 months) position
in Language Modeling for Speech Recognition. Primary work centers around
various tasks needed to develop statistical language models for a Hidden
Markov Model based Continuous Speech Recognizer developed by Sony. You will
work in Sony Electronics' main building in San Jose, in an R&D environment
with flexible working hours.
- Experience in grammar formalisms for natural language modeling
- Experience in statistical language modeling techniques for continuous
- Programming experience in C/C++, Perl, Tcl/Tk.
- Knowledge of text corpora, including corpus generation and processing.
- Well-versed in UNIX (Solaris)
- Working knowledge of the CMU Language Modeling Toolkit or similar is
a strong plus.
- Prefer exposure to real-time search techniques for HMM-based recognizers.
- Prefer Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computational Linguistics and/
or Computer Science with emphasis in Language Technology.
- Based on experience ($40-$70/hour).
- Bob Bonomo, Sony Electronics, (415)955-6083, email: Bob.Bonomo@adecco.com
- Position is currently open. Preferable start date is no later than
January 15. Possible extension of contract based on needs.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Sat Jan 15 2000 - 02:06:39 MET