Saarland University, Computational Linguistics Department
COMPUTATIONAL LINGUIST or COMPUTER SCIENTIST
We have two immediate openings for computational linguists
or computer scientists in the project COLLATE (http://collate.dfki.de).
In this project, we perform basic research in the areas of
- information extraction,
- information retrieval,
- dialogues for information access and acquisition.
There is one opening for a project leader and one opening
for a research scientist.
- Degree (master or PhD) in computational linguistics, computer
science, or related discipline
- Experience in corpus-based methods in language technology
- Programming skills
- Experience in information retrieval, preferably including
connectivity-based methods (Kleinberg algorithm)
- Experience in information extraction
- Experience with large-vocabulary speech recognition software
- Knowledge of semantic web approaches
- Good knowledge of German (project leader)
- Project management experience (project leader)
The project is carried out in the Computational Linguistics
Department (http://www.coli.uni-sb.de/) and the Computer
Science Department of Saarland University. There is a close
cooperation with the German Research Center for Artificial
Intelligence, where a competence center in language technology
is being established.
Depending on age, family status and qualification, the annual
gross salary ranges between 36400 and 65000 Euro.
Please send applications and enquiries to:
Hans Uszkoreit (firstname.lastname@example.org) and
Gregor Erbach (email@example.com)
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Thu Dec 20 2001 - 02:32:38 MET